The EEMUA 159 TankBasics training course is based on the guidance and good practice contained in EEMUA Publication 159 Above ground flat bottomed storage tanks - a guide to inspection, maintenance and repair. A printed copy of EEMUA 159 is provided as part of the course.
The EEMUA 159 TankBasics training course gives attendees a basic understanding of the different tank designs, and how tanks should be inspected, assessed, operated, maintained and repaired, without going into the detailed calculations.
EEMUA 159 TankBasics is positioned at the EEMUA Basic Application competency level i.e. above Awareness but below Practitioner. Therefore, EEMUA strongly recommends that the corresponding (and lower tier) Awareness-level EEMUA 159 Storage Tanks e-learning course is passed before signing up for this course. Learners should also be actively engaged in a storage tanks role, have at least one year's experience in this type of position and hold a relevant qualification.
Induction for this blended learning course takes approximately two hours and is available from 8 January 2024, after registration. Five Learning Cycles run consecutively commencing in February 2024, requiring approximately four hours of time each Learning Week until the Exam is completed in March 2024.
Topics are addressed via five Learning Cycles as follows:
Learning Cycles of EEMUA 159 TankBasics
- LC1 - Types of Storage Tank.
- LC2 - How to Build a Storage Tank.
- LC3 - Foundations and Secondary Containment.
- LC4 - Tank Operation and Lifecycle.
- LC5 - Inspection, Maintenance and Demolition.
Expectations of Learners
- The Induction, Learning Cycles and Exam will be held solely online. For the best user experience, Learners will need access to a computer with a large screen and a broadband internet connection.
- The Learner must abide by the EEMUA Code of Conduct for the course, including relevant non-disclosure and non-compete commitments.
- The Learner will need to be proficient in English both written and spoken. For students whose first language is not English, a minimum score of 6.5 in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) test is recommended.
- The Exam will involve online proctoring either via EEMUA Executive staff or an approved online proctoring service.
A Learner’s approximate time commitment for the course is estimated to be:
- Induction: 2 hours to suit working schedules from January 2024.
- Learning: 4 hours per week for 5 weeks as below
- Five Learning Cycles, each taking one week, and including Live Classes: 20 hours
- Final Assessment: 0.75 hour
Approximate Total: 22.75 hours over 7 weeks
How to register
Click the Register button at the top of this page and enter your details. You will need to have all delegate details with you as the system cannot save your entries if you exit or navigate away from the page. It is possible for you to register as many colleagues as you like at the same time, as long as they too have a My EEMUA account.
For Member and Associate Company users registering on the website for the first time, please note that there is an additional, manual validation step. In this case, we recommend registering for the course only after the ‘Welcome to EEMUA’ communication has been received. This will ensure that once logged in you will get the discounted rate for the course.
Once the process is completed, you can manage your booking online via the My Events and Training section of My EEMUA.
Permanent employees from recognised national regulators may be entitled to a discount off the standard course fee. Please contact the EEMUA office for further details.
For any queries, please contact our Online Learning team at email@example.com or call us on +44 (0)20 7488 0801.
Who should attend
EEMUA 159 TankBasics is recommended for technicians, engineers, managers and others just starting to work with storage tanks. The course includes an introduction to EEMUA 159.